Monday, March 9, 2009

Faux Cupcake Tutorials



Ok, I've been getting a lot of emails about my faux cupcakes...like how do I make them. I've been always asked what is my secret recipe....and the secret recipe to my secret recipe is... a secret recipe! LOL!

Actually, it's no secret at all. My recipe is just "almost" the same as with the other faux cupcake makers out there (refer to the link list below). Although, I figured out mine by myself because during the time I fell in love with this craft, tutorials about making them were scarce. I guess we just vary with our process in making them, and how we wanted the output to be.

I like to work in "stages" and I don't try to finish a faux cupcake in a day. I spent a lot of time making just the base of the cupcake. And it can take me two days or so just making the base...I make sure that they're completely dried. My "process" kind of evolve during this whole time until it got this tedious! I always get ideas in my head and I always try them out. Although I'm trying to come up with a simpler method with the same output...because I get tired too sometimes, and I sleep with a wrist splint! hehe!

Anyways, here are somes links of tutorials I found online that uses "almost" the same materials as I use. Try the tutorials in these links and just add a little of your own creativity! :)

1. this is the first one that I tried - http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/2008/03/how-to-make-faux-cupcakes.html

2. Here's another great idea to on faking cupcakes:
http://lisatutmanoglesby.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/08/almost-good-enough-to-eat.html

3. I've been searching for the simplest (and quick) method that is closest to mine and these are what I found so far ...it's from Crafty Avenue and another one from Zizooyou:

http://www.craftyavenue.com/school/articles/entry/9/94/

http://zizooyou.blogspot.com/2008/09/more-faux-cupcakes-tutorial.html

ENJOY!

(image: custom made faux cupcakes for Marie Christine Estepa of France)

2 comments:

marie christine said...

Everybody think : if I had the recipe, I surely would make pretty faux cupcakes like these, maybe prettier... that is right but... you need to add one thing which is called "the talent", then whith this talent you can do great things called artwork !
But don't worry everybody, you also have a talent, everybody has one, sometimes the most difficult is to find it !
Jara you have at least this one !
Thousand thanks for the beautiful cupcakes you made for me, I'm in love with them !

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me in your post. I love your cuppies, they are lovely.
Lisa from zizooyou.blogspot.com